Monday, October 21, 2013

Beauty Box 5 October Box Review!

Hi guys! Today I have a review of a box that I got in last week and it is Beauty Box 5!

Now I don't have many boxes anymore, I have this one, Ophelia's Apothecary, Ipsy, and Glossybox (which I will possibly be canceling for Lip Factory next month). Then I usually skip Julep, but I do technically still have that one. And I just used Bondi's code for a $1 box from them. I had to cancel some because Christmas is coming up and I have tons of people to buy for.

Anyway, back to the box. Beauty Box 5 is only $12 a month and they send a lot of known brands, with a few more indie style brands. The thing I always like most about their boxes is how usable everything is! Which is why I've kept my subscription. I like getting things that I would actually go and buy and then sometimes getting something fun too!


I love their pretty blue boxes!


This is their cards. On the back it tells you what products you get and it also usually tells you if there are any coupons!


The first thing I got is a pair of glittery toe separators by Swissco. These go for $2 a pair. I'll admit, I've never used toe separators when I apply toe nail polish simply because I never get polish on any of my other toes. But hey, these feel very spa like, so next time I have a spa night I'll use them!


The next things is a pack of the La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes. This comes with 8 wipes and goes for $2.49. I love cleansing wipes! I use them every night, so these are always great to have on hand. I actually have a big packet of the La Fresh makeup remover wipes that I got from TJ Maxx, so I'm excited to try these!


The next item is a Nubar Alter Ego Nail Laquer in Blondie. This is .25 oz and goes for $4. I love glitter topcoats and this one is super pretty and glittery. Plus I know that this is my only glitter polish that looks like this, so score there too! I applied this over my Topshop nail polish in Mermaid, and it looked so pretty and futuristic. I loved it! (I could not find this color on their website.)


The next item is a Model Co Cheek and Lip Tint. I'm not estimating this at all mostly because I know I'm never going to use this item. I got a full size in a Glossybox months ago and I hated it! It is way way too sheer, but yet it stained my brushes and my hand and if I put a small drop on my cheek it left a big round blotch, so I think I'll just stick with my other cheek tints. Sadly this product was a waste to me.


The last item is an Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It is 1 ox and goes for .87. I love Aveeno products! They are affordable, but are super moisturizing. I'm keeping this mini in my purse!


The total value of this box is $9.36. While that's not a great value I did like this box because it introduced me to a new nail polish brand and it gave me some great basic items. I did end up getting an item that I loathe, but that's not BB5's fault! I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be keeping them, but like I said I do enjoy getting their basic items!

No comments:

Post a Comment