Thursday, April 9, 2015

Birchbox Mad Men Box Review April 2015

Hey guys! So today I have a Birchbox review for you guys. Birchbox was the only box I had for awhile there, and there are quite a few reasons why! So let's look at those before we get into the box.

For one thing Birchbox is only $10 a month, and since you get 10 points every time you review a product (and 100 points = $10 to spend in their shop!) it's really like you're only paying $5 a month (or even less depending on how many items you get in your box that month.) Plus I feel like Birchbox always sends quality items and I tend to generally really love my boxes, especially after I use the products!

Birchbox also gives you a chance to customize your box a bit. Every month they send a pick your sample email containing three samples you could choose from, or even a curated box! This month they did a collab with Mad Men for their final season, and they had two different curated boxes to choose from, a NY and a CA one. This is a review of the CA one. (:

Anyway now onto this month's box!


The box designs were all designed by Rifle Paper Co this month, so of course the box is super pretty! (:


This is the information card. It tells you what the product is and how to use it, which is always super helpful!


The first item is the 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment. 1.5 oz $5.25. I love any type of hair treatment that helps damaged hair, so I was excited to get this! Plus it smells really good and is a really nice sample size!


The next item is Not Soap Radio Bathing with Sharks. 1.2 oz $1.41. I was really looking forward to getting this because I love this brand! In my head I was hoping it smelled like Avon's old sea scent, but it smells almost fruity to me (like fruit mixed with beach if that makes any sense?) I still like the scent though!


The next item is the Cynthia Rowley Brightening Illuminator. 0.04 oz $10.18.  I can't believe that this little sample is a third of the size of a full size one! I love getting illuminators because I use them almost daily in my makeup routine, but I still haven't found my holy grail one. I have high hopes for this one because I love the Cynthia Rowley brand! Her eyeliners are totally my holy grail liners. Even though this sample is tiny I pretty much only highlight my cheekbones and nose so this sample should last for a couple weeks worth of uses.


The next item is a Laqa & Co Lip Lube in Honeypot. I'm estimating this a half size? $10. I have a couple other Lip lubes and I do like them. They are pigmented and they are also really moisturizing.  This color is totally more of a my lips but better shade on me, so it will probably end up in regular rotation.


The last item is the Clean Original Eau De Parfum. $2.53. I was so looking forward to this product because I really like most of the other Clean scents I've smelled, but this one almost makes me want to throw up. It smells way to much like lemony cleaning soap to me and I don't really like it.


All totaled my box has a value of $29.37. I think that is great since really I only paid $10 for the box! After really looking at the items I am much more impressed with my box then I was upon first glance and I think I'll use everything (except the perfume which I'll likely give to my mom.). So this month was another win for me and Birchbox. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment