Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Beauty Army February 2013 Review!

This is my first Beauty Army box and I have to say that I'm thrilled! I placed my order the last week of February and I got my box in a couple weeks ago, but I figured I'd review it anyway because I love this service! **Plus because I waited longer I know get to do a mini-review on some of the products that I got** ***I took the pictures of this stuff right when I received my box, but some stuff has been opened/used***

What it is is for $12 a month you get to pick 6 samples out of the 9 that they give you based on a beauty quiz that you fill out. The brands are some brands that I've never heard of before, but there are also some well known brands like Mark, Bath and Body Works, and Macadamia.

So let's see what I got shall we?

 So the boxes are either white, pink or black, and they say beauty army in glossy lettering.

 The card is just a general card. There isn't any product information on it, because there are so many different box combinations.
The first thing that I got is a shampoo sample. It is the GG Gatsby Raise Volume Shampoo. The sample size is .5 oz. I haven't tried this yet, because I was hoping that the conditioner would be in my March window and it was, and I wanted to try them together.

 The next product I got was actually a full size! It's the Skinn Cosmetics Color Touch Eye, Cheek, and Lip Glow in Teen Tone. I'm not sure how this would work on the eyes, but it is a really pretty cream blush! This retails for $17! I really like this product and it's super cool that this is a 3 in 1.

 The next thing is the Mark Glow Baby Glow Hook Up Lip gloss in Honey. It also came with one of the Hook Up Connectors, which I thought it was nice they included this because I have a hook up eyeshadow and now I can stick them together and shove it in my school bag for a quick touch up after P.E. Anyway the gloss its self is nice. The Mark glosses always smell so good!
The wand is good and scoops up a nice amount of product. The only thing is this turns up sheer, but still super glossy, on my lips because the color is so close to my lip color, so it will definatly be used on days when all I wear is chapstick. However I do like it and I'd buy more in different colors! The value of this is $6.99.
 Then moving on to my favorite product. Olive Natural Beauty mini sliver of bar soap in Lemon and Lavender. I already used this mini sample up and I instantly bought a full size. This smells amazing! I'd say pretty equal parts lemon and lavender. It is just such a good scent mix! I love this!

 Then I got a Macadamia  Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. I've heard so much about this brand and I've been dying to try their products! This sample size is .5 ounces.  This was pretty good. It made my hair really soft and healthy looking and I could definatly see myself rebuying this when I run out of my Aussie 3 minute miracle.
Then I got a little foil packet. I got this because there wasn't anything else I wanted ,but I didn't want to change my whole profile because I liked everything else I had gotten. This is the Yes to Carrots Super Rich Body Butter. I've actually had the full size of this before, but I don't currently, so I decided to just get this because I know I love this stuff! I have rediculously dry skin and I think stuff works really well. It's not super thick or anything, but its good for when I don't need a lot of moisture.

That was my beauty army box! I really like this box and I think it's up there with Glossybox as one of my favorites. For only $12 I got $23 in full size products alone! That's awesome! I would totally recommend this box because they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment