Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 2013 Birchbox Review!

I was anxiously awaiting my Birchbox this month and I am totally pleased! I got this box in only like 4 days which was awesome! Again I got this box a couple weeks ago, and I waited so that way I could actually try the products.

Birchbox is a subscription box that sends 4-5 deluxe sized samples to you each month for only $10! Most of the time the samples are truly samples, but sometimes they send out full sizes.

Now onto the box!
This is what the outside of the boxes look like.

 They give out information cards. The front describes the theme and the back has the products.

 I got 3 nice sized foil packets of Caldrea Body Lotion. I got them in Aloe Water Apricot, Tea Olive Lime, and Coconut Fig Leaf. I was excited to get to try out some fancy lotion, since the last time I did I ended up falling in love, and sadly there was no love here. They smell fine, a little overly scented, but they are marked Aromatherapuetic Body, so I was expecting that. The thing was they were really thin and runny. I like thinker lotion because I have really dry skin and these just didn't work well with my dry skin, sadly.

 Then I actually got a full size product! They are Incoco Nail Polish Applique Strips in Spring Vines and retail for $9. I think these are perfect for spring and I've been wanting to try the Incoco nail strips (I'm a bit obsessed with nail strips in general). I haven't used these yet, but I'm excited to!

The lifestyle extra this month was a Madewell for Birchbox emery board. This retails for $5 and it is really pretty! The back is pink and it came in a cover that on one side reads: Madewell for Birchbox. I love emery boards and I really needed a new one so I was excited to get this! Also I love how they sent these out the same time they sent out the nail strips (which you need an emery board to file down the excess on them). I think that was good planning on their part!

Then I got a really awesome sized sample of the Serge Normant Meta Revive Volumizing Dry Shampoo. The sample size is 2 ounces! I think this is a great sample size because you can really tell if you like the product or not. I've used this a couple of times and it works pretty well. As far as dry shampoo goes it works better then the other one I've used. It really soaks up the oil and when combed out well doesn't leave white residue.

The last product is a Whish Shave Cream in Blueberry the sample size is .75 full ounces which is a good size and I should be able to get at least 2 uses out of it. The blueberry scene is exclusive to Birchbox, but they do have some other scents. I haven't tried this yet because I'm not a big fan of the scent. It smells very artifical and candy like, but not in a good way. 

**I ended up taking this picture after I had used up the lotion, sorry!**

Anyway overall I think that this box is a great value! Even though I didn't get a MAKE product I really like what I got and I'll use everything that I got! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment