Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Collective Haul: Dillards, Dry Goods, Gymboree, Barnes and Noble, Forever 21, and More!!

Well I am very behind on my box reviews, so I decided that I'm just going to start fresh with them as of the next time I get a box in.

Today I have a haul, my husband (David) and I went to a big mall by us for our anniversary this weekend since I really wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory. I wasn't too sure if this would be of interest or not, so let me know if you guys like this and I can do more, since I'm always online shopping.


The big collection of bags. I went to Sephora, Ulta, Dillards, Dry Goods, TJ Maxx, Forever 21, Gymboree, Barnes and Noble, Pottery Barn Kids, Lyla's, and I thrifted a couple things.


From Dry Goods I got a really pretty tie dyed orange and white maxi skirt. This has two slits going up the sides as well. It is super comfy and casual and I love it! I'll probably wear it with a lace sweater and tan wedge sneakers. I'm sorry the picture is so awful, but really the print is what makes the skirt, I've been looking for something similar all summer. Plus it was only $14!!

*I can't find this online at the Dry Goods website, but it is the brand Urban Day.



From Sephora I got two bottles of nail polish. I was going to buy something from the Marc Jacob's beauty line, but I couldn't find anything that I really super wanted (besides more nail polish) so I got something that I have also been wanting for awhile. Nail polish from Nails Inc!


The first one is one of their new Leather Effect polishes in Ladbroke Grove. I wasn't sure if I wanted the cream or the pink more, but I decided to get the pink since the cream would be more for nail art and if these are as hard to work with as people say, then I wouldn't be doing nail art with them anyway. This was $11, but it's super pretty and I hope it does have a real looking leather look!

The second one is kind of old, but it is one of their Feathers polishes in Edinburg which is orange and blue. I love the more neutral colors on this one and the lid is so pretty! I've wanted to try this for awhile and I'm so happy I got it! This one was $9.50.


From Dillards I got a Chanel Le Vernis (nail polish) in Taboo. I really wanted one of their new fall shades (it was a dark green one that I believe is called Mysterious) but it was too similar to one I already own, so I just decided to get this one.


Taboo is a really pretty dark purple color with red glitter in it. I love it a lot! This was $27 I believe.


From Ulta I got a NYX Wonder Pencil in Light. I already have one of these, but I wanted a backup for my bag because I find myself reaching for this a lot. This was only $4.50.


Then from TJ Maxx I got a Warm Apple Cider mini body lotion from Hempz Treats. I love Hempz Treats, but I can never seem to find the fun or seasonal in my local Younkers store, so I always get so excited when I find them at TJ Maxx. This one smells really good, more like just plain apples then apple cider, but still nice and fall like! Plus their lotions are pretty moisturizing. This was only $2.99.

**This looks like it is an older item, so I cannot find it online for sale.


From Forever 21 I got a neon pink scarf. The scarf is so much brighter in person then the picture shows. I really wanted a similar scarf from Hollister, but I ended up not buying it in store when I saw it, and then I couldn't find it online so I was so excited to get this. It's nice and soft and I'm sure it will be warm in winter. I'll be pairing this with a lace maxi dress and a leather jacket. This was only $12.80.

**I'm not sure if the scarf linked is the same or not, the price is different and the fringe looks different, but it looks close


Then from Lyla's Boutique I got two super cute rings. I think they only have stores in Iowa (specifically Ames) but I'm not sure. They do have a website, but as with most small boutiques it doesn't have a huge selection.


The first ring is a big chunky cat ring. I love these big chunky rings! They are so cute and I think they really add something to an outfit. I have quite a few of these animal rings, but I think this is the first cat one I have, which is weird since I have pretty much every other cat shaped/printed piece of clothing available. This was $14.


The next ring is a super cute 3-D looking bunny ring. I've wanted a ring that looks like this for a while so I was so excited to get this! This was also $14!

**I couldn't find these online at their website.



The next item is from a card shop on Main Street Ames (I know it has a name, but I'm not really sure what it is since I just call it the card shop.) It is just a Magic life die. Magic is a card game like Pokémon, but it is so much fun! David taught me how to play and I'm addicted it is a lot of fun! Maybe it's a bit nerdy, but oh well, I like playing. This was only 75 cents.



From Gymboree I got Gabe a bunch of fall clothes! They were having a great sale and I've also bought a few things from their website (which I'll show when I get in). The "Baby Sale" is going to be on until Sunday and pretty much everything is on sale in case you are interested in checking it out.


The first two items are both slipper socks. Gabe is having a really hard time wearing shoes (mostly keeping them on) so I decided to try some fun socks! Maybe if his feet have cool animals on them he won't take them off? Plus I just really wanted an excuse to buy them! The fox ones were the only thing that wasn't on sale and they were $6. The beaver ones were $2.09!


The next item is a beaver shaped hat. Not only are these animal hats in for adults, but I think they are adorable on kids! I could not resist this one, plus it seems like it would be warm, which is good since Gabe still doesn't really have much hair. This was only $5.59!


The next item is a really cute long sleeved beaver tee shirt. They also had this really cute beaver sweater, that I'm still thinking of buying, but David thought this would be better for right now. It is really cute and the beaver's tail is 3-D. Plus it was only $8.75!


Then I got one of my favorite pieces, this really nice hooded zip up cardigan! I love the stripey fair isle like print and it seems like it would be very warm and that it will last a while. I just love how simple it is and it is just a great versatile piece! This was another amazing sale item, it was only $20 thanks to their baby sale! Score! (:


The last item from Gymboree is a stripped thermal. I thought this would be really nice when it's not too cold with jeans, but it could also be layered under a tee shirt with jeans or just under a sweater as an extra layer. Really these are great pieces and I'll probably be buying Gabe more as it gets colder. This was only $10, but I only bought it because I wanted to get my Gymbucks. Which is $25 off a $50 purchase, which in my opinion is pretty good!


The next item is from Pottery Barn Kids. I initially went in there because me and David recently bought a house and I'm looking for things to decorate Gabe's room with. I ended up finding this super cute trick or treat bag for Halloween and me and Gabe both loved it! He love's kitties (he calls them Arlo, which is the name of my cat) and he was so happy and smiley when I showed this too him, so I had to get it. Plus it's a nice black cat, a classic Halloween symbol, so it can be used with many different costumes, it also seems pretty durable, so I'm sure it will last. My only thing is, is that I think it might be a bit girly since it has pink polka dots inside, but oh well when he get's candy no one's going to notice anyway right? This was only $13.


Then because David is such a thrifty person, totally the opposite of me, he found Gabe a few super cool bath toys at a Garage Sale. And they were brand new! Score! The first one is a Suds and Mirrors toy that also comes with a come and a seahorse that you squish and it squirts water. It is by Little Tikes.


The other two bath toys are also from Little Tikes. The first one is a Floating Fountain. This is super cool because you pull the fish and there is a little fountain that shoots out of the frogs mouth. I know Gabe is going to have a blast with this, and I think it's pretty awesome.

The other one is a Glow Pals. It is just a light up duck, that supposedly lights up by itself when it's in the water. Surprisingly I don't have any ducky toys for Gabe so I'm excited that he found this. The coolest part about this is that all 3 of these toys were only $4 for all of them!


From F.Y.E. I got Asking Alexandria's newest CD!! (: I love Asking Alexandria, they are my most favorite band. Not only is Danny Worsnop really hot, but his voice is amazing too. And they are British! This CD I like more then their second CD, but I still like their first one the most.

**Edit. This CD is called From Death to Destiny and was $9.99. Sorry I got wrapped up in their amazingness.**

From Barnes and Noble, which I'll admit I totally prefer BAM (Books a Million) to B&N. It is just so much more interesting and they have a way better magazine selection.

Anyway I got 2 magazines. One is People Style Watch, which was $3.99. I was so sad because I thought the new issue of Nylon would be out, but alas it was not so I had to satisfy my craving with People Style Watch. They're an ok magazine, but I only buy them sporadically since they aren't my favorite.

I also got the newest edition of Seventeen*, which is $2.99. I forgot to renew my subscription, so I thought I'd pick it up.


I also got two books for Gabe. The first one is The Bear's Winter House by John Yeoman and Quentin Blake. This was only $6.98. This is such a cute fall book, and since I'm trying to stop buying board books and trying to buy more like real story books this one is perfect!

The next one is Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer. This was only $3.99. I love this book! I had it when I was little, so when I saw this I just had to get it! I wish they would have had the Just Me and My Mom one, since that one was my favorite, but since they didn't I guess I'll be on the lookout for it.

I know that was a lot of stuff, but I thought it would be fun to do a haul, since I love watching hauls on Youtube. If you liked this let me know, and I can do more!

*I know, you guys are probably thinking wait, you have a 1 year old and you still buy Seventeen magazine? Well let me tell you a secret...I was a teen mom, so I'm only 18, so the fashion tips and everything in there is still totally relevant. (: I hope that you guy's don't think less of me because of that, but I just thought I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment