Monday, September 9, 2013

Sample Society September Review!!!


Sample Society is always one of those boxes that comes right on time, it always comes on the first Thursday or Friday of the month, but I always seem to forget about it.

I guess I tend to forget about them, because they aren't really my favorite and after I open my box I always tell myself I should cancel, but I never do.


This is what their boxes look like. Sleek and sturdy.


Every month they come with a mini magazine by Allure, who is their partner for the box.


This is their information cards. This month they are red instead of black. Not only do they tell you about the products in your box, but they give you your code for $15 off a $50 purchase if you buy one of the brands in your box, so really if you like one of your items enough you basically got the box for free!


The first item is a Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion. This goes for $13.26. This is the one part that I hate most about Sample Society, in pretty much every box no matter what you put your age at, you seem to get some type of anti aging product. I don't think I really need a collagen infusion right now, so this will be going to my mom.


The next item is MD Solar Sciences Daily Eye Repair Emulsion. This goes for $10.49. Even though they say this is a line eraser, I'll still be using this because they say it also de-puffs and gets rid of redness. Plus my eye area can always use some extra help.


The next item is a Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser. This goes for $2.05. I tried this in a Birchbox a couple months ago and I actually bought a full size of it! This is a nice little sample size that will be great for traveling! This is a great cleanser that isn't too rough on my sensitive skin and it has a great lemony scent!


Then I got a L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Face Cream. This goes for $17.05. This is my favorite item in the whole box! (Which is really saying something because I do love my Suki!) Not only is it a great sample size, but I have been wanting to try a L'Occitane face product for a long time, ever since I tried their handcream a while back and discovered it was the best thing ever. I've been using this since Friday and some of my drier patches on my face already look better, I might use my $15 off coupon to get a full size of this!


The last item is a Deepa Gurnani Hair Accessory. This goes for $40 (similar style). I really like this alot. I already have a hair style in mind for this, and I can't wait to try it out. It is so pretty and sparkly. However I probably wouldn't have paid $40, but I guess that's what boxes are for since I do love this!


All totaled my box has a value of $82.85. That's amazing since I only paid $15 for the box. This Sample Society box is definitely better then most of them have been. I love 3 out of 5 of the items, plus the sample sizes this month are way better then they usually are! I still think, though, that this would be a better box for someone more into skincare, or even an older person. However I'm excited to see next month's!

No comments:

Post a Comment