Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Glossybox USA August Review 2013!!


I didn't get my August Glossybox until yesterday, but it was all my fault. It comes under my husband's name, since this is the only box that I use his credit card for, and he still hasn't changed his address back from our old place. Thankfully his family lives there, so they were able to just mail it along to me, and I swear after this review I'm going to go bug him to change his address, so this doesn't happen this month.


This is what the outside of the boxes look like. I really like them. (:



This is what the inside box looks like. This box holds all the good stuff!



This is the information card. The theme this month was Bohemian Summer. The only theme that I really noticed about this month was that most (actually I think all?) of the products this month were from different countries, which was super cool! *Oh and they were all full sized. Score!*


The first thing was actually under my box and it is a little cosmetic bag and a 30% off coupon from Guess. I don't really shop at Guess, but after checking out their website I did see a few denim jackets that I needed to have, so I guess I'll be buying a couple. Plus I love the little makeup bag, it feels like it is made of denim! How cool is that?


The first thing I got is a Brazilian Keratin Hair Care Treatment Cream from Novex. This is full size and goes for $4.99 (I guess it's a full size mini size, since I couldn't find this exact size anywhere, but according to the Glossybox card this has the same amount of ounces as a full size). I love hair masks! I use them weekly, since they do wonders for my hair. This one looks really nice and creamy and I can't wait to try it this weekend. The only thing I don't like? It smells like some type of hair care product that my grandma uses while she gets a perm...yuck.


The next item is a Modelco Eyeshadow Duo in Bronzed Goddess. (I couldn't find this actual product, sorry!) This is full size and goes for $25. I am a bit disappointed in this. For one I'm not the biggest Modelco fan, and this is just boring neutral eyeshadow. I know I'll use it since I tend to wear colors like this at work, but still. My mom got a really pretty nail polish instead that is way more my style, so I'm thinking of trading with her.


The next item is my favorite thing in the whole box and that is a Anatomicals Spray Misty for Me Facial Spritz. This is full size and goes for $10.13. This is very floral smelling, but I actually do really like it! On your skin it doesn't smell quite as strong as it does in the bottle, plus after a hot day it was pretty refreshing to just spritz on. (:


The next item is a Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush in Marshmallow Pink. This is full size and goes for $12. This was one of the items that was a spoiler, so I was already pretty excited for it since I love lip crayons. This did not disappoint. It isn't as moisturizing as I like products like this to be, but I tend to wear lip balm under most lip products anyway so that doesn't matter. The color is stunning. A pretty pink, that isn't too bright. The only thing is that this seems to twist up way to easily. Like barely shifting it and the tube goes up, so this probably won't be something that I carry around with me.



The last item is a Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Pressed Powder in Quiet and Still. This is full sized and goes for $21. I love this! I use powder everyday and this one is great! Sometimes I find powder looks really chalky, but this one doesn't, and it doesn't seem to get cakey either. The only thing though is that this is shaded a bit, so I can't put it everywhere like I can with my translucent powder. I do also really love the packaging on this one! It is sturdy and chic, and the powder puff that it came with is nice and soft! (:


All totaled my box has a value of $73.12! That's great since I only paid $21 for the box. To be completely honest, I was actually getting ready to cancel my GB subscription, since the last few month's boxes have been lacking for me, but I really loved this box, so I am going to continue with my subscription. I just thought it was a great mix of products and all of them were new to me! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment