Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Goodebox Review August 2013!!!

I have another August box review and this one is Goodebox. Goodebox actually seems to come the first week of the following month, instead of in the month that it should come. That does bother me a bit, since I was already charged for September before I even got August, but whatever.

Goodebox is a eco friendly sub box. They say you will get 6-7 trial sized items. They are only $16 a month.

This is only my second month of Goodebox, and I was a bit apprehensive to open my box because last month wasn't a good first impression.


This is what the outside of the box looks like.


Then this is their info card. They are nice and informative, but they list all the options that you might have gotten, so it is a bit disappointing to read and see what could have been, especially if you don't like your box.


The first item is a CV Skinlabs Body Repair Lotion. This is .23 oz and goes for $1.50. This says it is good for eczema, so I am excited to try it. It also has aloe, which is probably my favorite body lotion ingredient, so I'm sure I'll like this. The only downside is I'm not sure I could ever totally justify spending $36 on a lotion.


The next item is also from CV Skinlabs and it is their Calming Moisture for Face. This is .10 oz and goes for $2.45. This also has aloe in it, so I'm sure this will be another winner. I'm currently working on a couple of other body and face moisturizers, which is why I didn't try these last night. However this does sound like it might be a bit too strong for this time of year since the skin on my face isn't really that dry yet, so I might save this for when it gets colder.


The last item that I got from CV Skinlabs is the Restorative Skin Balm. This is .08 ounces and goes for $4.48. They say this is another good product for eczema, so I'll probably be using this for that, however it does seem to have a bunch of different uses so that's cool!

As excited as I am about all the CV Skinlabs products, I do wish I would have gotten more of a variety of products from different brands, especially since these are all pretty much just lotion of some sort!


The next item is a Kahina Giving Beauty Eye Serum. I'm estimating this to be about 2.5 ml (since it is about the same size as the restorative balm) and it goes for about $11.14. Even though I'm pretty young I use eye cream religiously since I feel like that is definitely one of my more drier parts on my face, so I'm super excited to try this! Plus I'm sure it's much more natural then the Clinique eye cream that I normally use. The only problem, is again the price. I find it hard to fork over the $30+ for my Clinique cream, anything over $50 is for sure a no go. :(


The next item is a Joanna Vargas Skincare Daily Facial Serum. This is 5 ml and goes for 13.60.  Since it has the word serum in it I initially thought it was some type of anti aging product, but after reading it, I guess it is just something to use in between facials. I do do facials weekly, so I'm really interested to try this and see if it helps prolong the benefits of my facial! Plus I think the idea of this is super cool! However again the price. I'm one of those people that gets these boxes to try out new things and then hopefully buy them later, but again unless this serum makes my face look airbrushed and perfect, I just cannot justify the price. Especially because skin care is not something I splurge on. This is cool though and I do really like it. *However they do sell it on BB, so I guess if this is amazing I could always just save points right?



The next item is a S.W. Basics Organic Lip Balm in Citrus. This is full sized and goes for $4.00. I got one of these in a box a couple months back and I really enjoyed it. I'm happy to have a backup one that I can leave at work, since these are super moisturizing! Plus this one only have 5 ingredients! How cool is that?



The next item is a Ecco Bella FlowerColor Shimmer Dust in Star. This is full sized and goes for $14.95. This is really my most favorite item in the box. It is such a pretty peachy nude color and I love that it comes with an applicator! I love trying eco friendly makeup brands, so I can't wait to use this. I think this helped redeem the box a bit for me, since I prefer makeup over skincare, and I love eyeshadow! (:


All totaled my box has a value of $52.12. That's great since I only paid $16 for the box, however I am just not too thrilled with Goodebox. This month is way better then last month, but I would prefer a bigger variety of brands (CV Skinlabs, I'm looking at you.) and I'd also prefer more affordable products if they are going to go with mostly a skincare box. I'd also like a bit more variety/makeup, since I'm always looking for eco friendly makeup brands that are more on the indie side (like Ecco Bella!). Since they already charged me, I will be keeping them for another month or two, but I'm not sure that I really love Goodebox, they're ok, but I just don't know if I really want to keep them. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment