Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Julep Maven Box Review January 2014!!!


Hey guys, so my first box of 2014 arrived the other day and it was my Julep Maven box! I haven't taken a Maven box since July, so I was really excited for this month since I liked not only a bunch of the colors, but I also liked the beauty products.

Julep Maven is $19.99 a month and you can get a bunch of different box options plus add ons (that start at $4.99). You can get a few different boxes with nail polish and a beauty product, or a box with two beauty products, or a box with 3 polishes.


This month the Maven boxes were purple.


This is the cards they sent out this month, a card about refering friends and a card for 10% off the cuticle oil. (On the back of the cuticle oil card it shows a picture of the collection this month, which is the Boudoir collection.)

I normally choose It Girl (which is 3 nail polishes), but this month I really liked the beauty product, so I chose the Classic with a Twist box.


The first item is the Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops. These go for $11.20. I've never used quick dry drops before, so I wanted to try these out. I haven't painted my nails in a while, since I've been so busy, but the next time I do, I'll be using these for sure!


The two polishes I got are Abigail and Mona. These go for $11.20 each. Abigail is a nice light pink polish with a silk finish. Mona is a blueish color, that is a shade lighter then navy. I really liked Mona a lot, and I don't think I've ever tried a silk finish before, so I'm looking forward to using these!


The last item that was part of my box is two little buffer bars. These were the extras this month. I really like these and I use things like this all the time, so these were a good little extra to get!


Then I did get two add ons this month (they were $4.99 each). The first one is Hannah and the other one is Mae. These are both valued at $11.20. Hannah is a pretty pea green color, that is really unique in my collection. Mae is a pretty lavender color with a satin finish, I got this one because I like the different finishes.


For $29.97 I got $56 worth of product! I think that's pretty good. I think I prefer Julep's sales and mystery boxes to their monthly boxes, but I did really like everything about the products and colors this month, so I think it was worth getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment