Friday, January 10, 2014

Julep Naughty and Nice Mystery Box Review December 2013!!

Hey guys! Today I have a review of Julep's Naughty and Nice mystery box! This came out last month, but since Julep seems to do monthly mystery boxes I thought it'd still be nice to post so you can get an idea about what to expect from one!

Julep's mystery boxes are $24.99 a month, and recently they've been showing two colors that everyone will get. So you get those two colors, plus other nail polishes and beauty items! They also offered a mystery add on again this month for $9.99, but I ended up giving those to my mom for Christmas, since I had all those colors.


They ship in big black Julep boxes.


The first products are two foil packets each of the Luxe Repair Skin Serum (these also came with a 30% off coupon for that serum) and the Luxe Care Hand Cream. These go for $1. I usually put foil packets in sample jars, so I have to wait to use these until I use up a different sample. These will totally get used at some point though!


The next item is a pack of Green Tea Facial Blotting Papers. I'm going to say these go for $1, since I couldn't find them on the website. I already have a pack of these from a previous box, and I only use them every so often around my T zone, so I'm sure I'm good with blotting papers for a long time. However I do love how these smell! They smell like tea, but I really like it!


The next item is a Rock Star Hand Creme. This is mini sized (1 oz) and goes for $5.33. I've heard great things about this hand creme, and so far I really like it! I just threw it in my purse, but when I use it my hands feel nice and moisturized.


The next item is a lip gloss in Timeless. This goes for $17.60. This is a nice nude color, that I'll probably use to layer over lipsticks. I was actually super excited to get a lip gloss, since when they were in Maven boxes a couple months ago I wanted one.


The next item is the Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer. This goes for $22.40. I hardly ever wear foundation, but next time I do I'll totally use this! The mattifying part kind of worried me, but it is also supposed to lock in moisture, and brighten skin, two things I could really use!


The next item is an eye liner sharpener. I'm going to say this goes for $1. I am constantly losing sharpeners, so it's always nice to have an extra!


Then there is a Kajal Eye Glider in Carbon Black and Brown Shimmer. I couldn't find this on the website, but I'm going to say it goes for $10. I like that this is dual ended with two neutral colors, it would make a great item to just throw in a travel/makeup bag. I used the Brown Shimmer side and it went on nice and easy and the color was nice. It wasn't the best eyeliner ever, but it was nice.


Now onto the non spoiled nail polish colors. Joanna ($2.99), America the Beautiful ($2.99), Nellie ($11.20), and Alaina ($11.20). Joanna is a pretty shimmery periwinkle color that I thought was similar to Mae at first, but Mae seems a lot more purple and it's a satin finish. America the Beautiful is a red, white, and blue glitter. It even has star shaped glitters in it! (I actually almost bought this last 4th of July, but I ended up getting Fireworks instead.) Nellie is a nice berry color. I actually thought this was a dupe for one I already have (Eva) but this one is a bit less vibrant and a bit more berry than pink. Alaina is a taupe color that is really pretty, and I think I like it a lot more then the Nicka K taupe color from last month's Ipsy. I do like the colors they sent out, with the exception of Nellie, which will probably end up just being a toe color since those shades tend to not look right on my fingers.


Then the ones that I knew I was getting when I ordered the box. Aviva and Brenda! These aren't on the site yet, but I'm going to say they go for $11.20 each. Aviva is a purple and silver glitter. This is so pretty and I adore it! Probably my new favorite Julep polish. Brenda is a white pearlescent shimmery color, that is also super pretty. It is a great polish for winter and I think it would also look great layered over another color!


All totaled my box is worth $109.11. That's great since it was only $24.99! I probably won't get a mystery box this month though if they have one, since I've gotten one the past two months and I took a Maven box this month, and I have so many polishes to play with now. However I do think that the Mystery boxes are great! I think they are well worth the money, and I get them not only for the spoilered polishes, but also because I think it's a great way to try Julep's beauty products!

No comments:

Post a Comment