Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ophelia's Apothecary Indie Subscription Box Review December 2013!!

Hey guys, so I finally got in my December Ophelia's Apothecary box this week, and I'm excited to show it to you guys!

Ophelia's Apothecary is $15 a month and she sends all homemade beauty products (mostly more like soap, perfume, and lotions.)


She always sends her stuff in cute little bags.


Her information cards are always really nice because they really talk about the products.


The first items are two little samples of eyeshadow. They are in Orchid and Snow Angel. She choose the orchid one because it is Pantone's 2014 color of the year, which I think is great! I think all subs should do something like that! And Snow Angel is a not too shimmery, white color that not only will go great with Orchid, but is just a nice neutral to use with a lot of different things!


The next item is a perfume roll on in Enchanted Orchid. This goes for $5. This smells super good, it's really floraly, but it smells so real (like I'm sniffing a real flower), that I really like it! I love her perfumes! They last all day and smell amazing!


The next item is a lemon meringue hand and cuticle cream. I used this the other day and it was nice and moisturizing. Plus it smells great, like lemon cookies! I really like this, and if she ever flash sales this (which she does sometimes) I will totally pick some up!


The next item is a body balm in lavender snowflake. This is very peppermint smelling with a hint of herb. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure I'll like it, since her products tend to be moisturizing.


The next item is a red velvet lip balm. I'm not the biggest fan of the scent on this one, it smells like a cupcake mixed with something bad. I like her lip balms though, since they are super moisturizing, but I prefer the ones in the tubes since they are easier to use.


Then there is a sugar scoop in peppermint. I do like these, but I have a bunch of them! I think I have like 3 or 4 of them, all from the subscription service! I do use them, but I also have other scrubs that I like a bit more (like the Body Shop ones that come in tubs) so getting them every month kinda gets boring after awhile.


The last item is a sample of the golden honeysuckle soap. This was in my first ever Ophelia's Apothecary as well. This smells nice and floraly. Her soaps are moisturizing, so I never mind getting soaps in her box, since they are awesome!


I don't really do a cost breakdown of this sub, but I definitely think I got my money's worth this month! There was a ton of different items and I'll totally use everything. I already paid for next (this, I guess) month's box, but I might end up taking a break since I seem to be getting quite a few repeated items. If your interested in her items, but don't want to subscribe to her box definitely check out her Facebook page, since she posts a lot of great sales there all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment