Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sample Society Review December 2013!!

Today I have my Sample Society review for you guys! I didn't quite remember if I had cancelled or not this month (I cancel most months, and then resub if I like the spoiler that they put out) and when it didn't show up the first week of the month, like it usually does, I figured I had cancelled. Until it showed up on Wednesday the following week!

I guess they didn't start shipping until the 9th or so this month, but they ship via UPS so it always moves super quick once it started shipping.

Beauty Bar's Sample Society is $15 a month and usually sends out high end deluxe sized samples. Most of the products are usually skin or hair care related, but sometimes they send out a makeup or nail product!


This is their boxes. They are really sturdy, and probably my second favorite "box" after Glossybox.


Every month they send out a mini magazine by Allure (their partners for the box). They also have information cards and your $15 off a $50 purchase if you buy from one of the brands is listed on it too.


The first item is Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Night. This is .4 oz and goes for $9.60. I really like the regular Hope in a Jar moisturizer, so I'm thinking I'll probably like this as well! Plus I always love it when they send out Philosophy products because I know that I'll be using my $15 off code!


The next item is a Murad Pore and Line Minimizing Hydrator. This is .33 oz and goes for $9.61. Meh, I don't really have huge pores or noticeable lines, so I'll be passing this along.


The next item is a Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. This is .45 oz and goes for $8.96. This is just a powder that you mix with a bit of water and rub on your face. I tried this when I first got it and while it was nice and not super harsh, I don't think I'll make it apart of my every day routine. However this sample is an awesome size!


Then I got an Alterna Caviar Dry Shampoo. This is .10 oz and goes for $1. I love Alterna products! I've tried so many of them thanks to boxes and I think they're great. However this bottle is pretty small and this isn't a spray dry shampoo, it's one with like a nozzle that you just like pour out, so I can say that this will probably be a bit of a pain to use by the time I'm getting to the bottom of it.


The last item is a Stila Lip Glaze in Starfruit. This goes for $17? I thought it was a full size, but it's just a tiny bit smaller then the full sizes are. Either way, I love the Stila Lip Glazes! They smell so good, they aren't too sticky, and they are always a great color! This one is a nice shimmery pink color that is perfect for me!


All totaled my box is worth $46.17. That's great since I only paid $15 for the box! I really liked this month's box! Even though none of the brands were new to me, most of the products were and I think that they were mostly pretty good sizes as well. I don't think Sample Society will ever be my favorite, but it's a nice box and it's good if you want to try out more higher end brands, but don't have a ton of money to just buy things that you may or may not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment