Monday, December 16, 2013

Starlooks Starbox Review December 2013!!

 Hi guys! I am so excited to be sharing my first ever Starbox with you guys today! I normally never take pictures and review things the first day I get them because I like to try them out, and because I'm lazy, but I just couldn't wait to show you guys what I got!

Starbox is a monthly subscription service from Starlooks makeup company, so they only send full size Starlooks makeup. Boxes are $15 a month, plus like $2.50 for shipping, so it's not a bad price at all.

I've known about Starbox for quite awhile, but I was always a bit hesitant to subscribe because one of the reason I subscribed to these boxes in the first place is so that I can try new and different brands, and I wasn't sure if I'd like a box of things all from the same brand. But since this month was December and everyone on MUT was talking about how they were going to do a palette, I decided this month would be a good time to subscribe. (I totally justified it by saying that I wanted to try out their shadows, since I've gotten eyeliners and lip liners from them in Ipsy.)

I didn't take a picture of it, but they shipped the box in a white bubble mailer. It shipped from California last Thursday and I got it, in Iowa, today! That is awesome shipping!


This is what the actual boxes look like.


The top card is their information card. The other card is all about their new loyalty program. What it is is every three months you get a free $35 gift! That's pretty awesome!


Now onto the palette. It is their 15 Shade Shadow Palette in New Years Eve 2014. This retails for $99. Sorry that is such an awful first look. 


This is a better picture of the shades. I really like these. There is a great mix of neutral shades, as well as beautiful shades of greens, and a couple of different shades of red (a dark burgundy/plumish one, and a more pinky red color). Plus I love the silver in this! I don't think I've ever used a silver shadow before and I can't wait to try it! Also there are some matte and some glittery ones in here as well!

Overall I paid a little over $17 for a $99 palette! While I never would have paid that much for this palette I still think that's a great deal! I love all the colors and I think this will be super versatile! Plus I saw some swatches of these and they seemed like they were quite pigmented as well. I am totally going to be keeping Starbox around, especially with their awesome loyalty program! And I'd totally recommend everyone else try them out too! 

FYI-Starlooks makeup is also featured in Ipsy sometimes (I've gotten 2 eyeliners and a lip liner from them in the past few months) and I heard that Wantable also sends out their stuff too.

**This post does contain referral links!

No comments:

Post a Comment