Monday, December 2, 2013

Julep Diamond Mystery Box Review 2013!!

Hi guys! Last week I got in my Diamond Mystery box from Julep and I thought that I'd share what I got! This was my first ever Mystery box from Julep. I was a bit worried about dupes, but since I haven't gotten a monthly box since July, and because I loved the box exclusive glitters that they promised were in this box, I figured I'd take a chance and get it.

The Diamond Mystery Box is $24.99 (with a promised value of $120), and it is currently sold out, but Julep seems to do mystery boxes almost every month. I also got a mystery add on which was $9.99 (which I heard was a promised value of $40) and another add on of a polish I wanted that was $4.99.


Since I got all that extra stuff my box came in a big brown box, but this is what the actual mystery box looked like.

*All prices I used are Maven prices.


The first thing I got is a Scrub Mitt. This is currently on sale for $2.99. This is pretty meh. I have bunches of these, so I'll probably use this as a stocking stuffer.


The next item is an Eyelash Curler. I'm going to say that this is $2.99 as well since I couldn't find it on the website. I don't curl my eyelashes, so I'll be passing this along as well.


Then I got some rock candy. I'm going to be passing this along as well since I don't care for rock candy.

Now that I'm done with all the stuff I was meh about. Let's go with one of my favorite things that I got.


The Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting. This goes for $9.99. This smells just like grapefruit and I love it! Plus it seems to help my eczema a bit, which is probably due to the fact that it has aloe vera in it. I've been wanting to try this, so I was happy to get this.


The next item is the Doublestep Foot Treatment and Friction Stick. This goes for $17.60. This was something else that I really wanted to try, but I didn't really want to buy it since people keep saying that is breaks easily. Well know I get to try it and if it breaks it isn't a big deal! I have really bad icky looking feet, so hopefully this helps!


Now onto the plain polishes in the box (I got version 3) From left to right: Gemma, Claudette, Marion, Kristy, and Candace. With the exception of Claudette which is $7.99, these are all $11.20. I really like all these colors! At first I thought Claudette was similar to my add on color, but I think Claudette is more red. These will all get used and I didn't get any dupes!


Then the amazing Diamond Box "exclusives" that aren't really super exclusive anymore, since Antonia is now on the website. Antiona and Geo! These are $11.20 each. Geo isn't on the website yet, but Geo is my favorite. It is a really pretty purpleish diamond shaped glitter. The glitter is a bit hard to get out, but when you do it is so worth it. I love these and these make this box so worth it to me!

All totaled my Diamond Mystery box has a value of $108.76. Since I used Maven prices I didn't expect the value of the box to be the promised $120, but it's close enough to make me happy. I am really happy that I got this box. I got a few items that were on my Julep wish list and most everything will be used!


This is my add on. A nail polish in Nan. I loved this color from a collection a while back, but I could never bring myself to pay $11.20 for it. Now I got is for $4.99.


Now for the Mystery Add On. I just love anything with mystery in it! The colors I got are Lois and Adele. I really wanted Adele back in July, but right now I'm really happy that I decided not to get since (since I got it now). Lois is also really pretty and shimmery. These go for $11.20 each.


The last item is the Moisture Mask Trio. This goes for $9.99. This comes with one packet each for your hands, feet, and nails. I can really use extra moisture especially in my hands and feet so these were a great extra. I also think that this is so cool because I never would have bought something like this, but I'm so excited to use them! Plus this is a new to me item since I've never tried a hand, nail, or feet mask before.

The mystery add on has a value of $32.39. Again close enough to $40 for me and I love everything I got! I actually think, like item for item, I like the mystery add on more then the box! The box was great, but the add on was just amazing!


This is everything. For $40 I got $141.15 worth of stuff! How awesome is that? I hope Julep does another mystery box again soon, because after this one I know that I'm going to be needing it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment