Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birchbox June 2013 Unboxing!

I got my June Birchbox the other day and honestly I think this was the first time in all 5 months of me subbing to them that I was truly excited and that I would have been happy with any box I got. Lucky for me I actually got my number one choice! (Which I believe is Box 4).

Birchbox unveiled their new look last week to their website and boxes and I definitely like the new look better! This is what the new outer box looks like.


Then the new inner box.


And ok I couldn't resist. The new lining of the boxes! How cute is it? It's chevron! 


Then they give you an information card (which it looks like they revamped this too), that talks about the theme and what products you got.


The first thing I got is a Color Club for Birchbox nail polish in Reign in Spain. It is a mini and is about $2. This is a super pretty neon corally color. This is a Birchbox exclusive for the Wanderlust collection. All of the colors were dupes for me, except the white which I didn't want, and the one I got so I'm super excited to get this one!


 Then I got a Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. The sample size is 1.06 oz and is about $7. This is a great sample size! I guess I can always use dry shampoo, since I do use it about once a week. But I don't really need any more, and I have such a stockpile I hope I don't get any more for awhile.


 Then one of the things from the spoiler video that I really wanted to try: The Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser. The size is .25 oz and is about $2. I am a sucker for two things. One is a good exfoliater and the other is lemon scented things and this is both! I've already used this and I've never felt so fresh and clean before. I love it and I'm totally going to be saving up my points so I can buy the full size.


Then there is the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick in Perfect Kiss. This is a full size and retails for $26.55. I can't believe I got a full size product in Birchbox! That doesn't seem to happen to often and so I'm really happy that I got this! Plus I'll totally wear it, since the color is totally an everyday color for me (a pretty light corally pink color). Did you know you could also use this as a blush? I didn't, but I might end up trying it that way. I'm totally in love with this!


The last  thing I got is an extra. I'm usually a bit disappointed in their extras, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by the extras this month. They are the 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream. One is Coconut and the other is Vanilla Bean. They are .066 and are about $.50 together. I love trying new brands of lotion and these are 100% Vegan and natural. How awesome is that? I hope I like them because a full size is only $15 and I could totally afford to get that as my new lotion fix. (Sorry about the crappy pics, white + foil packets = bad pics!)


All in all my Birchbox was worth $38.01. That's awesome considering I only paid $10 for the box. Plus with the $5.00 in points I get for reviewing my products that makes my box worth over $40! Not only is the value there, but this is my favorite Birchbox that I've ever received! I'm going to use everything I got and I am really looking forward to everything I got.  Woot this month was a win!


**This month they also included some really cute postcards! If only I could travel this summer, I'd love to send some!**

If you want to get a Birchbox you can use my referral link: http://birch.ly/17DyQoa

Or of course you can just go to Birchbox.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment