Friday, June 7, 2013

June Sample Society Unboxing 2013!

So I was getting a bit antsy waiting for my box (the week and a half between Glossybox and Sample Society always gets me) and it finally arrived today! Yay! I haven't tried anything yet, but at first glace I'm pretty impressed. Let's look!


Sample Society comes in a nice sleek black box. These boxes are really good to reuse and store things in.


Then every month you get a mini magazine which is created by the people from Allure magazine (Sample Society is partners with Allure).


Then there is the information card, which also includes a $15 off code when you spend $50 or more and buy a brand that was featured this month.

Now onto the fun stuff! What I got!!

My favorite product in the whole box is the Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten. I got a mini one which I assume is going for about $4 since a trio of minis is $12.  This is a nice sparkly nudeish peach color and I adore it! I haven't tried it yet, but I can already tell that this will be a great color to wear over chapstick for a natural lazy day look! I love Stila products and I've never tried one of their lip glazes, so I'm just super excited for this!


Then there is the Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I got a .4 oz sample so this would be about $6.50. I'm so excited to try this. I've been wanting to try this for forever and this is a really good sized sample. I hope this works good because I'd totally be willing to use my code for this product.



Then there is the B. Kamins Sundefense with SPF 30. I got a .5 oz sample and so this is about $4.50. I'm moving to Texas in August so I think I'm going to be saving this for then (my foundation has SPF in it, but I don't like wearing full face makeup when it's over 75 degrees, because I feel like its too heavy). This is also a great sized sample! I just probably won't buy this since I love my Aveeno sunscreen (which is way cheaper).


Then there is the Illume Desert Tulip Candle. This is a 1 oz candle, so I'm guessing it's about a third of the size of a full size tin? and retails for $7.33. I'm not the biggest fan of the smell (a rotting flower smell),but I hear it gets better when the candle is burned, so maybe I'll try it anyway since I like burning candles when I take a bath. Overall I'm not overly thrilled by this because I'm just not a huge candle person and I always forget to use them, but I do prefer a candle as a lifestyle extra then a pack of tea a la Birchbox.


The last thing I got is the Murad Hydo Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes. This is a .12 oz sample and is about $12. I love eye cream because I have super dry eyes and I love Murad products because they are amazing, but I'd never buy them because they are really pricey however...


Mine came with like maybe 3 uses in it. Other blog posts that I've seen with this product the product was full. So I'm pretty bummed.


So (only adding $4 for the Murad) my box had a value of  $26.33.. I totally think that it was worth the $15 I paid, since the samples this month were larger then they normally are and because 2/5 are things I've been dying to try and then the other 3 will definatly get used!

If you are interested you can sign up at Beautybar.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment