Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June Boxycharm Box Review 2013!

             Boxycharm is a brand new subscription service that sends out 5+ drugstore makeup items. At least 3 of them will be full size. At only $21 a month I figured I'd give them a shot.

Ok, look at that beautiful packaging! I love everything about it.


Then the information card, which pretty much just describes the theme. Also there was another little card that welcomed me to the subscription.


The boxes come wrapped nicely in pink tissue paper.

Now onto the products!


First there is the only haircare item and that is the L'Oreal Ever Sleek Super Sleek Intense Serum. This is full size and goes for $8.99. I guess I was assuming this would be a mostly makeup/nails box, so I was surprised to get this. However I already use a similar product from Garnier and I love it, so I can't wait to give this a try! (It's supposed to help reduce frizz)


Then there is a Rimmel Soft Kohl Kaja Eye Liner Pencil in Jet Black. This is full size and goes for $3.99. I don't think I've ever used a drugstore eyeliner before, so I'm thrilled to try this! Plus at only $4 it's about the same price as my HG Avon one and a lot easier to find if I like it.

Then there is another Rimmel product and that is the Volume Accelerator Mascara in Extreme Black. This is full size and goes for $9.99. I tried this as soon as I got it and I thought it made my lashes totally longer! I usually use an Estee Lauder mascara, but since this is way cheaper and works better I think I may just start buying this! (: Might even be my new HG mascara.


Then there is the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Glistening Garnet. This is full size and goes for $6.49. I think this may be a discontinued color, but I don't care because I love it! It wasn't sticky, didn't dry out my lips, and was super pretty. The only thing is I didn't care for the silver glitters it left behind. I still might end up picking up another color though just to try! (:


Then the last makeup item I got is an Almay Intense I-Color Satin-I kit in Trio for Blues. This is full size and goes for $7.46 (at my local Walmart). Mine came shattered so I haven't used it, but I emailed Boxycharm and they responded and said they were shipping me a new one!  I think that's awesome CS. Plus I find it kind of ironic that I got the one that works for my eye color and it came broken.

Then I got some nail products!


The thing I was most excited for in the whole box is the Essie Nail Polish in Miami Nice. This is full size and goes for $8. I think this is an older color, but I don't care since I have never tried an Essie polish before. Plus I think it is a great summer shade and would look great on my toes. It is a bright pink, but in the light it is irredescent purple (the flash picked it up nicely I think.) It did chip pretty quickly though, but that's okay since I do my nails twice a week anyway.


Then there is a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Purple. This is full size and goes for $7.99. I had thought these were discontinued, but I guess they are just really old. I had a few of these when they first came out and they were awful. I actually gave this one to my sister.


Lastly there is a Mary Kay Make up bag. (Valued at $2?) This is super cute. I love the little bow on it and I will totally use it since it is quite large. I just have to clean it first since my eyeshadow exploded on it.


All totaled my box is worth $54.94 and I got 7 full sized items! That's great since I only paid $21 for the box. I think they had an awesome mix of products and I think the colors were good and wearable. Plus the customer service was amazing! For the most part I got items that are still available in stores (even if they aren't new), but they did post a disclaimer on their Facebook page that sometimes you will receive discontinued products. I don't really care too much about that as long as they aren't expired. I don't really buy much drugstore products and if I already have a full size the chances of me buying another full size isn't very likely unless it is amazing. I just like the sub because then I get to experiment with some drugstore brands which otherwise I would never have tried. I did love my box a lot and I'm excited for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment