Sunday, June 2, 2013

Glossybox USA May 2013 Review! One Year Anniversary Box!

My May Glossybox came in late last week and as always I was super pumped to open it and find out what was in it (maybe even doubly pumped since it was their one year anniversary box). 


I love Glossybox's packaging. It feels like opening a gift every month.



The box looks relatively full, so let's check out the products!


When you open it there is an information card and a magazine (which for some reason I haven't been getting a magazine lately? Even though everyone else I can think of is getting them. Wierd). This month we also got a coupon from Ulta for a Sebastian product and some people also got a free waxing certificate to the European Wax Center (which I didn't, but it doesn't matter since the nearest one is like 300 miles away.)

 
 The first thing I see is an Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact in Tan Blush 104. I recieved 4 g or about $8 in product. How cool is this? It's basically a CC cream in a compact! I've never used a CC cream before (just a BB cream), but I'm totally going to give this a shot! Plus I'm so happy that I got a color that works for me, even though I know alot of people got a totally wrong color. I also love that is came with a little spongey thing to apply it with. This is one of my favorite items in my whole box!


 Then there is the only item that I'm not completely thrilled with, European Wax Center foil packets (one is The Exfoliate and the other is the Slow it Body Wash). I'm not even putting a value on this since they are tiny foil packets. I'm not too thrilled with either of these. I'll probably get at least 2-3 uses out of the exfoliate, but I like using a lot of shower gel so I'm thinking that that sample will only be a one time use thing.


Then, the only product who's brand name I had actually herd of before, the Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.  The sample size is 1.7 oz and is about $4. It's a gel that gives volume and softness I actually have a strong love for Sebastian products so I was thrilled to get this! I haven't used this yet, but since it's summer I'll have time to start taking showers in the morning again (I've been taking them at night and who wants volume when they go to sleep?) and I'm super excited to try it!


 Then there is the Etre Belle Collagen and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask. $3.95. Did I just say aloe vera? Heck yes! I'll probably wait and use this on either a super hot day or if I get sunburned, since aloe is my go to cool down product. Either way really excited to try this and I thought it was a great inclusion in an almost summer box!


Then there is a Nicka K New York Absolute! Perfume Stick in LUX 369. This is a full size and retails for $14.99. This smells so good! Like a coconut floraly scent, but it isn't overpowering. The staying power was pretty good too. This is great for traveling and at the price I'm totally going to be checking out the other perfumes in this line!



The last product is the My Prime Multi Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer.  The sample size is 10 ml and is about $6.80. I saw the word mattifying and instantly got nervous since I have very dry skin and mattifyers tend to make my skin look really well drier, but not this one! It moisturizes well and it also acts as a great foundation primer! Totally going to be using every last drop!


 Overall my box had a retail value of  about $38! That's great considering that I only paid $21 for the box. I was a bit bummed initially because I guess I was expecting more from their anniversary box, but I will admit at a second glance I am pretty pleased! Plus the June box looks amazing!  The couple items I tried were awesome, and I was introduced to a bunch of new brands and new products that I wouldn't have tried by myself, and isn't that really the point of these boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment